Saturday, July 31, 2010

Jennifer - You are so beautiful !!!

'Did you do this? ', I asked her seriously pointing to the scratches made using red pen on the walls, inside and outside of my house.

Looking at me with her big black eyes and a naughty smile flashing on her face, she shook her head 'No'.  The long pony tail on either side of her head danced swiftly.

I called loudly, 'Sumathi, Neenga ingu vaango'.

Wiping her hands against her nightie, Sumathi ran in from the kitchen.

'See, what your daughter has done to my house. I have just painted it. You know how much I spent?. Why dont you make her sit outside while you work'.

Sumathi started listing out excuses.

I said with a straight face, 'If it were my son, I would've given nicely. Oh, I am getting so angry. You take her out before I do something '.

'Akka, you beat her no, There is nothing like my daughter. She is yours also. You have every right to beat her when she does something bad'.

Grumpy and irritated, I sat down in front of the TV. I put the music in high volume just to cover up my anger.

I could sense an image moving just from behind the door in front.
A brown face just peeped out and two black eyes looked at me with a grin, her small fingers scratched against the door. Her small body swayed against the music. She looked at me from behind the lowered head as if guilty, yet not accepting.

Why, why, why...... am I cooling down now. Is it her big big black eyes or the naughty smile twinkling within, her luscious long hair or the doll like coffee brown looks . ... Ya, In spite of every little damage she brings, I am unable to scold her.

Suddenly, Sumathi's voice came calling..'Jenny,vaango............... pogelaam'.

Jennifer emerged again, smiled broadly, waved me with her small hands.
And I waved back, irresistibly, unknowingly.

'Bye bye Jenny, come again, though I would like you not to mess up my newly painted walls'... My heart echoed as my lips tweaked in a hidden smile.

"All lil girls are beautifiul, more those on the streets.
Only you need to imagine them clean and bright".

No comments:

Post a Comment